I stayed at the apartment for 5 nights in September with my husband, my 8 month old and my parents. The apartment is located about a 10 minute walk from Ortiga and is very spacious (much bigger than it looks in the photos). It is also about a 10 minute walk to the Greek theatre. We loved staying here for a number of reasons,
- it was situated in a local quiet neighbourhood with good amenities close by - bakery, supermarket, local restaurants
- the apartment itself is huge and in a lovely old building with beautiful features (high ceilings, shuttered windows, spacious rooms)
- secure gated parking is available at the apartment which meant we never had to worry about the safety of our hire car
- the family that own the apartment live next door but were never obtrusive. In fact, they gave us lots of valuable information about the local area and places to visit.
- the apartment was very clean and contained everything we needed e.g. fully stocked kitchen, washing machine, microwave.
- each of the 2 main bedrooms has air con as well as the dining room/lounge area, which is very effective for those hot days/nights
- Wifi available
The apartment has one very large double bedroom, a second smaller bedroom with a futon style double bed and a 3rd room which could be a 3rd bedroom as it contains 2 single beds.
Communication with the owners was excellent and they were very quick at responding to queries that I sent both over email and later by text. Please note the apartment is located on the 1st floor and there is no lift so bear this in mind if you have a lot of luggage! If there is one thing I would recommend to the owners, it would be to create a slightly more cosy relaxing area, perhaps by moving out the large dining room table from the main reception room and adding another sofa and coffee table instead.
I would highly recommend a stay at Casa Gabriella if you are looking for an authentic stay, in an apartment just out of the main tourist area of Ortiga but within easy walking distance of it.