Abbiamo notato che stai utilizzando un browser non compatibile. E'possibile che il sito di TripAdvisor non sia visualizzabile.Il nostro sito e' ottimizzato per i seguenti navigatori:
“La signora”
altri viaggiatori hanno prenotato presso questa struttura
Per le prenotazioni presso questa casa, chi prima arriva, meglio alloggia! Blocca le date prima che sia troppo tardi
Controlla disponibilità
Richiedi di prenotare
Invia richiesta
Eccellente
69 recensioni
Questa struttura non è disponibile per le date indicate.
Non arrenderti! Chiedi informazioni su altre case vacanza disponibili simili a questa -
Visualizza tutte le case vacanza disponibili
Panoramica

Data | Punteggio
  • Inglese per primo
  • Italiano per primo
  • Tutti
  • Tutte le più recenti in italiano
Inglese per primo
Tutti
Tutte le più recenti in italiano
Hazel E
Contributore livello 2
4 recensioni
3 recensioni di hotel
Recensito il 2 agosto 2017 per un soggiorno a luglio 2017

Questa recensione è stata utile?
Questa recensione rappresenta l'opinione personale di un viaggiatore di TripAdvisor e non di TripAdvisor LLC.
5 ago 2017
Thanks Hazel for taking the time to leave your lovely review. It was a pleasure having such a happy family to stay, including little Daisy. I will indeed see you next year, thanks for deciding to come back even before you had left !! And as I said, if Mum and Dad want to come back on their own you know I will look after them for you. Take care and regards to the gang.
Questa risposta rappresenta l'opinione personale della direzione e non di TripAdvisor LLC
dereky4
Portadown, Regno Unito
2 recensioni
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 6 voti utili
Recensito il 28 luglio 2017 per un soggiorno a luglio 2017
persone pensano che questa recensione sia utile

19 ago 2017
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review Mr Taylor. I’m disappointed you didn’t enjoy holiday. In fact if things were so bad at the cottage I’m bewildered you managed to last the 6 days and didn’t leave earlier. I must point out that your complaints only materialised after you were told you would have to pay for the broken light shade. In response to Mr Taylor’s review, let me address his comments.

I did indeed meet Mr Taylor, his son and his two dogs, as I meet and greet all my guests I showed him around and explained how everything worked and where everything was. Each of my guests is treated with the same respect however Mr Taylor insinuated I was sharp with him, that’s his opinion and he is entitled to it. I spent at least an hour talking to him, he in fact followed me up to my car and we continued chatting, something you would hardly do if someone was being sharp with you? When I was driving away he had approached and was speaking with one of my neighbours.

On arrival guests are told there is a dog next door. In seven years not one guest has even mentioned the dog, let alone complained about it. If the dog was truly causing annoyance the solution would have been for Mr Taylor to speak directly with the owner of the dog.

Widows Row Cottage is a listed period property. Older properties were built before the days of standard ceiling height requirements, which today is 2.4 metres, (7.8 feet). The ceiling height in the kitchen and sitting room is 2.25 metres,(7.4 feet). The light shades in the kitchen and sitting room have a clearance of 1.9 metre, (6.2 feet). I would not describe the rear garden as “all steps”, I think this is evident from the photo’s. I am happy to answer any queries guests may have before they book the property. Incidently Mr Taylor and his family had the benefit of viewing the cottage the previous year before making his booking this year. So he was aware of the ceiling heights and subsequently the light fittings. The broken light shade has now been replaced with an acrylic shade which is unbreakable.

I was only informed of the light shade breakage the morning I arrived at 11AM to get the cottage ready for my next guest who were arriving that afternoon. Mr Taylor did not try to contact me before this, there were no missed calls on my phone, no messages left, no emails sent and failing all that he also had my home phone number which he could have called, but didn’t either. This left me and my new guests inconvenienced. This is why I ask guests to let me know if there are any breakages during their stay so these can be rectified before my new guests arrive.

Accidents do happen sometimes and that is not a problem. Accepting responsibility should not be a problem either. When Mr Taylor signed the booking contract he “agreed to leave the property as found, in a clean & tidy condition and be responsible for any & all damages/breakages howsoever caused.” Mr Taylor became unreasonable, argumentative and aggressive when I mentioned how much it would be to replace the broken light shade. I have never been spoken to in such a manner in my life. As for “talking you down”, as he put it, Mr Taylor was in such a temper that he stormed out of the cottage before I could finish speaking with him.

Mrs Taylor phoned me a few hours after her husband left, to find out exactly what had taken place. She had been misinformed and told I was keeping the full breakages deposit of £100, which was incorrect. I told her that her husband was unreasonable not that I didn’t like him. Mrs Taylor also told me she only stayed for one night and had no issues at all with the cottage, inside or out and in fact described it as “a wee gem”. By then I had discovered the state of the bedding in the back bedroom, where Mr Taylor’s son was sleeping and was able to tell Mrs Taylor that the bed itself was full of dirt, the duvet cover, sheet and pillowcases were covered in yellowish brown stains. We had a long chat. She phoned a couple of days later to apologise for her husband’s behaviour towards me and informed me that the stains on the bedding were in fact peanut butter. I told her that if she, or her husband wanted to see the stains I was more than happy to send photos. No one wanted to see the photos. I spent a considerable amount of time and effort to remove the stains from the bedding, (several pre-treatments and washes). If I had not been successful Mr Taylor would have been looking at the cost of new bedding being added to his breakages.

I leave a considerable amount of kitchen and bathroom products in the cottage for guests. My guests are delighted to find these essentials. I don’t appreciate misuse of these products. I would be horrified if my next guests were to find watered down products and in fact think that I left them!

I have wonderful neighbours, it’s ludicrous to think they watch people's every move. They are not intrusive in any way and my guests always comment how helpful and friendly they are. Mr Taylor said they were unfriendly then goes on to say they were asking questions, but he doesn’t elaborate. This has left me pondering exactly what he means. I object to Mr Taylor’s derogatory comments about my neighbours.

After Mr Taylor and his family left there were a number of large rocks and very long tree branches discarded at the property. My neighbours only told me about the rocks and branches when I asked where they had come from and of course they are going to tell me. These large branches were carelessly discarded. They were thrown on the bank that runs in front of the cottages, in front of the neighbours properties. These would have posed a hazard if they had rolled down onto the road. Thankfully my neighbours removed these items for me. Large stones still remain in the back garden as I am unable to lift them. I must say I am surprised as apparently Mr Taylor, who is a caretaker and by his own admission, is immaculate in all areas of his work. Seemingly this is not the case when he is on holiday and in someone else’s property as he didn’t particularly take much care of mine. Ironic, isn’t it?
Brambles1
Contributore livello 3
23 recensioni
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 17 voti utili
Recensito il 16 luglio 2017 per un soggiorno a giugno 2017

18 lug 2017
Niamh, Thank you for such a lovely review from a lovely family. I'm so pleased you all enjoyed your stay at the cottage and I would love to welcome you back at anytime. Regards to the gang!
lisa c
2 recensioni
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1 voto utile
Recensito il 7 luglio 2017 per un soggiorno a giugno 2017

Scritta inizialmente in Inglese su www.tripadvisor.com. Vedi l'originale
9 lug 2017
Thank you so much for such a great review. It was a pleasure having you all to stay. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay at the cottage. I hope you get such good weather again when you come back in June next year. Look forward to seeing you again. Take care Lisa and Killian.
Departure
1 recensione
Recensito il 19 giugno 2017 per un soggiorno a giugno 2017
Language Weaver Mostra traduzioni automatiche

Consiglieresti questo hotel ad un amico?   Sì.
20 giu 2017
Thanks Tony for taking the time to leave your review of Newcastle.
rmlinehan
Kingston upon Thames, Regno Unito
1 recensione
Recensito il 7 maggio 2017 per un soggiorno a maggio 2017

8 mag 2017
Thanks Roberta. It was a pleasure having you both to stay. Thank you for your lovely review and please come back again soon. Take care.
macsKilda
Kildare, Ireland
Contributore livello 2
5 recensioni
5 recensioni di hotel
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1 voto utile
Recensito il 21 aprile 2017 per un soggiorno a marzo 2017
Language Weaver Mostra traduzioni automatiche

Consiglieresti questo hotel ad un amico?   Sì.
Scritta inizialmente in Inglese su www.tripadvisor.ie. Vedi l'originale
23 apr 2017
Thank you so much Pauline for such a lovely review. I'm so glad you and Donal enjoyed your stay and the weather held out for you both to climb Slieve Donard. I would love you to visit again you're such a lovely couple.
Kindest regards. Anne
Inserisci le date per visualizzare i prezzi esatti
2 ospiti
Adulti2
Bambini0
Applica
Sei proprietario di una casa vacanza? Pubblica un'inserzione
Reddito extra
Guadagna affittando la tua casa. Senza spese iniziali e nessun contratto, puoi guadagnare di più.
Facile da gestire
Conferma le prenotazioni con un clic e monitora l'intero processo dalla richiesta di informazioni al check-out, anche quando sei in movimento.
I viaggiatori si fidano
Con milioni di recensioni e pagamenti online protetti, TripAdvisor aiuta i viaggiatori a prenotare la tua struttura in tutta sicurezza.
Crea il tuo profilo gratuito